Thursday, June 20, 2024

Leaving Boston area and connecting with new friends through warm showers!

 Day 12 - 2 Jun 24:  After a couple extra days relaxing off the saddle, it was time to say "good-bye" to Reid and Andrea.  Andrea packed me up some goodies to take with me, Reid took a picture of my loaded down bike and I pedaled off.  I had a definite destination as I had a Warm Showers confirmation from Doria and Doug Harris, so some peace of mind with no worries about the night's lodging.  Very warm day again but paved trails and roads made for a pretty nice ride, although at 68 miles a bit longer than my saddle sores liked - and they let me know about it.  Doria and Doug welcomed me to their home, Doug took care of my bike and put it in the garage and Doria showed me my suite for the night - a private downstairs bedroom with my own bathroom.  Then Doria fed me a delicious dinner and told me about some of her touring (she's done a LOT) and how to use Ride with GPS more efficiently.  She set me up with an alternate route to Peter White Cycles in Hillsborough, NH that she said would be a little shorter and better scenery.  Slept like a baby.


Learn about the Warm Showers Community here: https://www.warmshowers.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Updates- Day 17-24 and Update on Blog

Hi, We are in the process of further updating the blog site.  More to come soon. But below is a bunch of updates and photos and videos will ...