Thursday, June 20, 2024

A bullfrog singing, a monarch butterfly party, a free lunch and enjoy the Catskills!

 Day 3:

 

Nice night in the tent - peepers and bullfrogs sang me to sleep.  It's been years since I heard a bullfrog.  The legs were better today and it turned out to be a good thing.  Left the campground and headed further into the Catskills.  Beautiful hills (I couldn't take pictures of them all), pretty streams (I only got Middle Creek and the Schoharie Creek).  I also saw more Monarch butterflies than I've seen in the past 10 years.  I had lunch at TP's Cafe in Stamford and when the lady at the cash register asked where I was riding and I told her what I was doing, lunch was free!  Finding reasonably priced lodging proved to be a challenge in the "ski country" of the Catskills and I had to pedal all the way to Catskill, NY to find a room.  The descent out of the Catskills was exhilarating, a bit too much so.  I had to ride the brakes a bit.  Ended up riding after dark for the second time to get to Catskill.




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Updates- Day 17-24 and Update on Blog

Hi, We are in the process of further updating the blog site.  More to come soon. But below is a bunch of updates and photos and videos will ...