Wednesday, June 12, 2024

First Blog Post! About the Circumnavigation Ride!

 I'm embarking on a circumnavigation of the United States by bicycle and will be raising money to support the American Cancer Society.  I’m asking for your support!  The American Cancer Society’s mission is to lead the fight for a world without cancer, to save lives and to celebrate lives.

I’m cycling to raise funds to help lead that fight through cancer research and to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.  I would appreciate your support as I bring my fundraising vision to life.  Please support me and the American Cancer Society today. 

This year alone, more than 600,000 Americans will die of cancer.  That’s approximately 40 people for every mile I will cover on my ride and more than 1,600 people per day in the United States.  That’s why, with our 1.5 million supporters, we are taking action.  The money I raise through my bicycle ride will help fund the fight to defeat this deadly disease that has claimed too many of my family members and friends, and the critical programs and services that people count on every day.  

In 2024, the  Society is happy to offer a wide array of services that are so valuable and trusted anytime a family faces a cancer diagnosis, including our Hope Lodges, which re-opened to serve patients and their family members.  Our 1-800-227-2345 phone number which operates 24/7/365 is a lifeline as was our website www.cancer.org.  In addition, online support programs that were established during the pandemic continue to be available to help patients and their families.

Donations may be made online at Website https://raiseyourway.donordrive.com/campaign/ACSCARide

Or

American Cancer Society

                        C/O ACSCA Ride

                        PO Box 10727

Rochester, NY 14610

Soc Key: DW94UW

Thank you for your support!  Together we can make a difference and contribute to finding a cure for cancer.

Thank you,

 

 


Tracy Stephens

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Updates- Day 17-24 and Update on Blog

Hi, We are in the process of further updating the blog site.  More to come soon. But below is a bunch of updates and photos and videos will ...