Thursday, June 20, 2024

Stopping at the Astra Zeneca Hope Lodge in Boston!


 

Day 10:

Beautiful day for cycling and I did ride to the American Cancer Society AstraZeneca Hope Lodge in Boston.  Nice ride along the Charles River and the saddle sores were relatively quiet.  The Senior Manager, Angela DeMarco gave me a tour of the Lodge, gave me a Hope Lodge t-shirt and took my picture.  The Lodge is a very nice facility and I'm sure that, by providing a place for the families of cancer patients to stay, lessens the strain they are going through.  I also spent some time on the phone with product support at Garmin and I believe perhaps I'll be able to start using my Garmin device like it should be used!!  In the evening I met with Tiffany Chag, the daughter of an Air Force Academy classmate, pilot training classmate and then fellow T-37 instructor pilot, Gary Chag, whose life was taken by cancer.  One of the prime reasons for the journey I am on.  We spent a good couple hours reminiscing about her father.


Read more about the American Cancer Society Hope Lodge Program: 

https://www.cancer.org/support-programs-and-services/patient-lodging/hope-lodge.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Updates- Day 17-24 and Update on Blog

Hi, We are in the process of further updating the blog site.  More to come soon. But below is a bunch of updates and photos and videos will ...